Looking for the perfect game-day finger foods is quite a challenge. There are two days of raging football fans that need to be fed and keeping prep to a minimum so that the cook can enjoy the game and the friends is just as important as feeding the crew.
If you have a bit of venison in your freezer just waiting to be turned in to a tasty appetizer combined with shrimp and bacon, this is for you. This recipe by Robert Irvine for Food Network is just 25 mins of prep time and feeds 8 servings of 2 shrimp each. I would need to triple this recipe at the very least.
Venison Stuffed Shrimp in Bacon Wrap
- 1/2 pound ground venison
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cloves shallots, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 pieces extra-jumbo shrimp (size: 16 to 20 count per pound), peeled and de-veined
- 8 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 (16 halves)
- Combine venison, pork, basil, parsley, garlic, shallots, eggs, and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Preheat broiler.
- Make an incision along back of each shrimp and stuff with pork mixture. Secure by wrapping the half slice of bacon around each shrimp. Broil until meat stuffing is cooked and bacon is golden brown, being careful to avoid overcooking shrimp.
Link to original recipe here. Poke around on the site for a while, there is so much to see and print out for your recipe book.
Come find us every day at Chasing Wild Creatures on Facebook